May 19, 2009

Virus? Be More Specific

Most computer users refer to problems on their computers as VIRUS but in the online forum that I'm joining, the term VIRUS is seldom used by more experienced users. Instead, MALWARE is used.

Here are some classifications of Malware:
  • Rogue Programs - A Rogue Program is a program that in itself is typically not harmful, but typically use deceptive advertising and false positives as a scare tactic to have you purchase a registered licence of the software.
  • Trojans - Trojan Horses are programs that disguise themselves as harmless and beneficial programs but instead have a hidden purpose that you are unaware of.
  • Worms - A worm is a program that has the ability to spread from one computer to another on its own.
*Note: If you find something objectionable in this post, please inform me through my email: cosmic_sniper05@yahoo.com


EDIT:
This post is subject to improvement. I'm currently reading more articles to make this post more comprehensive. Please standby for new updates. To those who have links to useful articles, please let me know via my e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment